August 1, 2011

So Many Firefly Quotes, So Little Time.


I was really surprised to find upon rewatching an episode in the series that many of my favourite quotations came from the pilot episode, Serenity, alone. Here are a few of them:

Mal: We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. And you know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die. Huh? Look at that chiseled jaw, huh? Come on!

Inara: So, would you like to lecture me on the wickedness of my ways?
Book: I brought you some supper. But, if you'd *prefer* a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped. Sin and hellfire. One has lepers.

Wash: Yes... Yes... This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and we will call it... This Land.

Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

Wash: That's right, of course. 'Cause they wouldn't arrest me if we got boarded. I'm just the pilot. I could always say that I was flying the ship by accident.

Book: Captain, do you mind if I say grace?
Mal: Only if you say it out loud.

Zoë: I know something ain't right.
Wash: Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail.

Mal: I believe that woman's plannin' to shoot me again.

Jayne: Here's a little concept I've been working on. Why don't we shoot her first?
Wash: It *is* her turn.

Zoë: Sir, I'd like you to take the helm, please. I need this man to tear all my clothes off.
Wash: [like a peon] Work, work, work.

Jayne: [to Simon] Little Kaylee here just wishes you was a gynecologist.
[Jayne laughs]
Mal: Jayne, you will keep a civil tongue in that mouth, or I will sew it shut. Is there an understanding between us?
Jayne: You don't pay me to talk pretty. Just because Kaylee gets lubed up over some big-city dandy doesn't mean...
Mal: Walk away from this table. Right now.
[Jayne loads his plate with food and leaves]
Simon: What *do* you pay him for?
Mal: What?
Simon: I was just wondering what his job is - on the ship.
Mal: Public relations.

Ha! Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment